Friday, August 13, 2010

Officially a Housewife

It's 4:41pm. I'm sitting in my living room, sipping on an 'Izze' watching my 15 month old walk around her play area a bit dazed because of a slight fever. I feel 'the guilt' already.
a. Why am I not preparing a well balanced dinner for my baby.
b. Why am I drinking a 90 calorie Izze instead of water.
c. It's 4:40pm and I haven't done anything of worth today.
1. What did I even do today?
d. How did I not go to the gym this week?!
The list goes on and on and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

I have been married for 6 days.
I have been a Mother for 15 1/2 months ( 24 months, if you include pregnancy)
I have been 'involved' for 3 1/2 years.

*******************

5:52pm- I've fed my sick daughter which entailed making her 'Chickenless Chickn' Nuggets' and carrots, most of which I ate. She had a Popsicle.

My 20 year old sister is here for the weekend paying tribute to her sister lost in the woods. After sleeping off a summer of partying and a crazy night in the city with her boyfriend, I shoved Ms. Eliza in her face, "Aunt Riri, it's bathtime!!!"
Cheers to 10 minutes of solitude.
Again I think, 'what have I done all day?' and then the scrolling begins again in my mind...

e. Why did I eat my daughter's Chicknless Chickn' Nuggets
f. Why did I have that handful (or 3) of the BBQ potato chips....

I have often looked at 'Moms' as worn out ole wenches....tired with no zest. I vowed never to be one of those Moms. I would be the sexy/beautiful (without trying of course)/outdoorsy/adventure Moms who never left the house without her hair done, her make up done just so and the perfect smile, just for her kiddos (of course)

I say this to you now, that shit is hard! I started off this journey of Mamahood with a slight disadvantage- and extra 90 POUNDS! I blame the horrific pregnancy condition 'preclamsia'.... ok, ok, I also blame the very kind waitstaff at ALL of the NYC Brother Jimmy's locations for never EVER making me feel bad about showing up many a times twice in a day for a the chicken/rib combo, I also blame Crumbs Cupcakes, my evil coworkers (Disclaimer: I say this with love) who used me and my fat pregnant arse to clear their vindications about a quick juant to the bakery...not.fair. i guess


baby needs me, gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment