Thursday, January 13, 2011

35lbs and Counting

As it turns out the "alleged pregnancy" was in fact a very real pregnancy.
In fact, 25 weeks and 35lbs later...the classic pregnancy woes are in full throttle.

"My body isn't my own..."
"Where did my waist go?"
"Will my boobs ever be the same size again?"
"Will I ever be 'thin' again?"
(and in lieu of that, "how the hell is that going to happen?!")
"Will my sex drive ever return?"

While pregnant with Eliza, I was sick for 9 months and gained.......90 POUNDS. Very much a frequent in NYC's Crumbs Bake Shop and Brother Jimmy's, I took the whole 'eating for two' concept to the next level.

This go, I've been 'better'...it helps that we live in the middle or nowhere so the accessibility of easy food is obsolete. For the most part I've been making my meals and trying to occasion to have a salad or two. Thankfully, this pregnancy is much better than the last. Perhaps it's because I'm not carrying around an extra 90lbs, perhaps it's because I don't have preclampsia or perhaps it is because little baby #2 is a BOY...who knows?! Feeling good, feeling strong, will not let my pregnancy weight define me. grr.


No comments:

Post a Comment